In-home set up:
- I will bring everything I need to your home, including, as needed, a posing beanbag, backdrops and props. I will bring 2-3 backdrops and prop options based on your preferences expressed in the Style Questionnaire.
- If you have any props that you would like included in your session, please let me know on the Style Questionnaire.
- I am a natural light photographer, so will set up in front of the window with the best light in your home. I will need a clear space of about 5-6 square feet in front of the window.
- Your home will not be seen in the images (unless you want it to be), so please do not tidy up!
Tips for baby:
- I photograph newborns naked, wrapped or with a diaper cover. For your session, please have your newborn diapered and either wrapped in a blanket or some other clothing that is easy to remove (please avoid onesies).
- To keep your baby comfortable and cozy, please keep the room at 80 degrees. This will feel warm to us, but your baby will be comfortable.
- If possible, I recommend giving your baby a full feed about 30 minutes before we are scheduled to start. A comfortable, fed baby is more likely to be sleepy and content.
- If your baby uses a pacifier, or takes a bottle, please have them on hand.
- The session will be relaxed and will flow at the pace of your baby. There will be plenty of time to nurse, feed, or to cuddle your baby. While I am photographing, you can relax!
Session timing and images:
- For sleepy, curly newborn poses, the best time for sessions are days 5-10 after birth, or during the first 2 weeks. After week 2, those sleepy, curly poses are usually not possible, but we can capture equally beautiful images of your new baby, often with more awake images, up to 6 weeks of age. I love working with both asleep and awake babies.
- Please note: With awake babies, there will be less variation in posing, as awake babies will typically not allow themselves to be posed or stay in any specific pose.
- I do not guarantee any specific images. Your baby will do what your baby will do, and whatever that is, is perfect. Although I will gently guide your baby into specific poses, if your baby is not comfortable in a certain pose, we will try something else. Your baby's safety and comfort is paramount to me.
- I love including a few images of parents with baby!